Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our Teeny Apartment


When we first started communicating with Brother and Sister Pankratz, we were told that the apartment is approximately 1000 square feet. As we live here, we seriously doubt that it's that big. I've taken some pictures to show how small it is.

This is the hall from the living room to the bedroom and bathrooms (plural). As I'm a little wider than Paula, I will have a perpetual bruise on my right arm from banging into the door knob.












This is the little WC (Water Closet). It's small enough I can sit on the toilet and rest my head on the basin. Paula calls it our doll sink.

















This is our "big" bathroom. I'm standing at the door and it's about four feet to the tub. The washer (Yes, that's the washer. The dryer's in the kitchen.) in front of me is right next to the tub.












We do have a nice area for the computer. and the living room/dining room is large. There's room to lay out a mattress (and we have an extra one under our bed).









4 comments:

  1. Therice and HazelMay 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM

    WE have been following your blog. Finding great enjoyment in reading of your new experiences and gaining vicarious pleasure from the pictures of the European scenes we haven't viewed since 1963. We haven't heard any native french language spoken 1963 either--our language skills have become vert rusty, too. We will continue following you throughout your mission, and relishing your experiences. Hazel is into her fifth month of shingles. They are still painful and healing slowly, but she is becoming more active week by week. We are still walking through a long tunnel, yet there appears to be a light twinkling weakly somewhere out there before us and we can see this challenge will come to an end insome near future. Our love and prayers are with you and for you both. Therice and Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the hodge podge of furniture and I really like the way your dining room looks! Roomy and cozy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so fun to see your apartment - oh the funny European things! I love that tiny WC with the mini sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom is a hoot! I remember having to share a bathroom with four other tenants in my Wiesbaden apartment. Awkward to walk down the hall in your robe only to find someone else is using it! :) I'm telling Hadley she has to sleep in your sink when she visits.

    ReplyDelete